Joining us on campus
We're looking forward to welcoming you
We are really looking forward to welcoming you to the International Study Centre. When you join us on campus, you will benefit from a high-quality blended learning experience ensuring you get the best of both worlds: with some classes taking place face-to-face, and some activities taking place online.
It is important that you are able to regularly attend your face-to-face classes as this is a UK visa requirement. To help with this, we provide accommodation options and support with the booking process. Should you choose to book your own accommodation, we suggest you live close to the Centre so you can make the most of your student experience, but your accommodation should be no more than one hour travel time from the Centre.
Here to support you
From visa application through to booking accommodation, you’ll be fully supported by our dedicated team every step of the way. We’ll support you with:
- What to pack
- Planning for your arrival
- How to make the most of your time with us
When you confirm your place, you will be able to access our Welcome Hub, which will give you lots of useful information to help you prepare for joining us on campus.
- Your passport and visa
- UKVI decision letter
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Study letter (CAS)
- Your offer letter
- IELTS certificate or other original Secure English Language Test result
- Evidence of funding for your tuition fees and living costs, including sponsor letter (if you are being sponsored)
- Accommodation documents, including your signed tenancy agreement
- Four passport-sized photographs
- Insurance documents
- Medical certificates (including vaccination records)
- If you are under the age of 18, a copy of your UK guardian's details
- Prescription medications, with prescriptions translated into English
- Essential toiletries – you can buy any other medicines and toiletries once you arrive in Guildford
- Clothing: It is common in the UK for students to dress comfortably and casually throughout the year. The weather can be very changeable so it's important to have lighter clothes for the summer (June to August) and warmer sweaters and a coat for winter (December to February).
- Electronics: Make sure you have your laptop, phone, and the correct adaptors and chargers. You may also need to bring adaptors for UK plug sockets.
- Money: You can pay by card in most shops, but it is useful to have some notes and coins too.
- Bedding: If you will be staying in University residence, please note bedding is not included. A bedding pack can be purchased from the University’s online store.
- Other items: Feel free to bring photos, books and whatever else will help you feel at home.
Begin the student experience of a lifetime
What to expect on arrival
Studying abroad at the International Study Centre is a new and exciting chapter of your life.
Our friendly staff want to make you feel at home at the International Study Centre.
There’ll be plenty of induction activities for you to join once you arrive in Surrey. You will immediately be a part of a welcoming and supportive community, both at the International Study Centre and the wider university. Making friends should be easy and our nurturing staff are here to ensure you find the support you need to succeed both academically and socially.
We strongly recommend that all international students have the protection of appropriate accident and medical insurance for the duration of their time in the UK.
StudyCare Insurance Plus has been designed specifically to offer international students comprehensive protection and support during their studies at the International Study Centre and, if required, after progressing to your university.
Insurance cover is available in terms of up to 12 months and up to 24 months, allowing students to select the policy length that suits their needs.
You’ll need a visa to study at the International Study Centre. Learn more about the visa application process and how we can help you.Get your visa
Get the best of both worlds when you live and learn in Guildford. Close to London, yet in a tranquil suburban setting, there’s something for everyone at Surrey.Discover life in Guildford
Ready to join us at the International Study Centre? Applying is easy – read all about our admissions support and application guidance.Apply today