Preparation for postgraduate study
The Pre-Masters programme is an intensive programme of academic subjects, study skills and English language preparation.
During your programme, you will develop a greater depth of knowledge in your area of study through classes designed specifically for international students. These will be based on study and careers skills, as well as subject specific modules to prepare you for your chosen Masters degree.
The length of your programme and your intake date will depend on your level of English.
Successful completion and achievement of the required grades of the Pre-Masters programme leads to a postgraduate degree at one of the UK’s most prestigious universities.
Why study a Masters in the UK?
- Boost your career prospects by building on your academic experience
- Enhance the knowledge you developed during your undergraduate studies
- Benefit from the prestige of studying at a prestigious British university
- Show dedication to your subject by continuing with your studies
- Develop your English language skills
- Network with others in your academic field
- Learn a new subject and change your career
- Get an international outlook valued by employers
- Become more independent by studying abroad on your own
Assessment and coursework
If you are studying the three-semester programme, your English language skills will be assessed at the end of first semester to ensure you reach the required level, allowing you to continue to the second semester.
"I think the Pre-Masters programme is a very good opportunity to enrich yourself before you go into a Masters course."
Leo from China
Studied Pre-Masters programme Management, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism
Study this pathway leading to postgraduate degrees in Electronic, Civil, Bridge and Structural Engineering.
Health and Medical Sciences
Study this pathway leading to a range of postgraduate degrees in areas such as Environmental Psychology, Social Psychology and Human Nutrition.
Management, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism
Study this pathway leading to postgraduate degrees in Economics, Accounting and Finance, and Marketing Management.