Prepare for Success
Your online preparation course
Improve your academic knowledge, skills and language ability on our 5-week online preparation course – before you start your academic programme with us.
Count down to the start of your programme with our free preparation course
Prepare for Success is the start of your academic journey. Confirm your place with us and you'll benefit from up to 100 hours of online learning through a combination of self-study and daily live classes, including our popular enrichment programme.
Begin your studies with Prepare for Success to start adapting to the new educational system before you begin your academic programme. The course covers essential skills including: life skills, learning skills and language skills. It is designed to give you the competitive edge to succeed in your academic programme.
5 weeks (including Welcome Week)
Deadline to confirm and pay advanced tuition fees is 11th August
What can you expect from the preparation course?
This specialist course is designed for international students and divided into various sessions, introducing you to everything you need to succeed.
You’ll benefit from:
- A welcoming international community where you can meet fellow students
- A broad programme of study focusing in learning skills to become an independent and effective learner
- A supportive space to practice and gain confidence in your English and to interact with other students
- Access to high-quality English language materials
- Practical advice for the life of an international student
Gain the competitive edge with exclusive content
How to access the course
Getting started with your Prepare for Success course is easy. To access this course, all you need to do is confirm your place with us and begin paying towards your tuition fees.
1. Confirm your place
It’s important that you confirm your place on your programme in order to gain access to the preparation course.
2. Send payment
To secure your place, you will need to arrange a confirmation payment and pay £6,000* advance tuition fees as soon as possible so you can access this vital preparation.
3. Start studying
After you have confirmed your place and paid your fees, you can access a range of online learning sessions before beginning your programme. You will receive further instructions about how to access the course.
* Students from the following countries must pay £8,000 advance tuition fees: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Nepal and Nigeria. Please refer to your payment plan.
The course covers some essential areas, including new additions for 2022:
- Learning skills - develop confidence as a learner in a new environment and become more self-reflective
- Life skills - time management, intercultural communication, and preparing for life and study as an international student
- Basic computer skills for successful study and work, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CV writing skills and interview preparation for work to be fully prepared for your future career
- Language skills - including reading, writing, speaking and listening for academic study and socialising.
You will receive a calendar outlining how to organise your time for each study session so you can make the most of this course. Study topics include:
- Preparing for life as an international student
- Looking to the future
- Developing intercultural skills
- Studying with us
During your course, we will help you get off to the best possible start to your academic journey by covering top security tips as a university student. Topics we cover include:
- Scams & phishing
- Keeping money safe
- Going out
- Safety in the house
Get involved with daily live masterclasses and clubs as part of our enrichment programme. We offer engaging live sessions in interest areas such as:
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Safety & Security
- Career advice
You can also chat to your classmates about the course and enrichment classes using our online forums.
Joining us soon?
Learn more about how you can choose to study with us.Find out more
Monday 15 August